The Top 10 Qualities of a Great Virtual Assistant for Small Business
In today’s business world, it is becoming more and more common for small businesses to outsource certain tasks and responsibilities in order to save time and money. One of the most popular outsourcing options for small businesses is hiring a virtual assistant (VA). A virtual assistant for small business can take on a variety of tasks, from administrative work to customer service to social media management. If you’re thinking about hiring a VA for your small business, there are certain qualities you should look for to ensure you find the best fit.
A virtual assistant is a great way for small businesses to outsource important, but non-essential tasks. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 qualities of a great virtual assistant for small businesses.
- Organization and Time Management Skills: This is especially important if they will be handling multiple tasks or projects for you. They should be able to prioritize their work, meet deadlines, and keep track of important details.
- Communication Skills: Since they will be communicating with you and possibly other members of your team, it is essential that they have great communication skills. This includes written, verbal, and nonverbal communication.
- Technical Skills: Depending on the tasks you need them to do, they should have the necessary technical skills. For example, if you need them to manage your social media accounts, they should be familiar with the various platforms and tools.
- Flexibility: Things change and things come up, so it is important that your virtual assistant is flexible. They should be able to adapt to changes and handle unexpected tasks or requests.
- Resourcefulness: A great virtual assistant is resourceful and knows how to get things done. If they don’t know the answer to something, they know how to find it. This also includes being able to troubleshoot.
- Problem-Solving Skills: There will be times when things don’t go as planned or something comes up that wasn’t anticipated. A great virtual assistant will be able to problem-solve and find solutions.
- Reliability: You need to be able to rely on your virtual assistant to do what they say they will do. This includes showing up on time for meetings and completing tasks by the deadline.
- Discretion: Since they will have access to confidential information, it is important that they are discreet and can be trusted to keep things to themselves. This also includes being respectful of your time and not overstepping their bounds.
- Professionalism: A great virtual assistant is professional in their demeanor and their work. This includes being respectful, courteous, and having a positive attitude. It also means they dress and groom themselves appropriately for work.
- Trustworthy: Last, but certainly not least, you need to be able to trust your virtual assistant. This includes being honest, ethical, and having integrity.
If you’re looking to hire a virtual assistant for your small business, keep these qualities in mind. By finding someone who has all or most of these qualities, you can be assured that you’ve found a great fit for your business.